Belinda is a Director based at our York office in the Private Client Team. Her practice areas are Probate, Trusts and Wills. Belinda joined our firm in November 2002.
You can contact Belinda in the first instance by telephoning her Assistant on 01904 697759 or by email.
- Practice area - Probate, Trusts, Wills, Court of Protection work including LPAs and Elderly Client Advice
- Qualified as a Solicitor in June 2005
- Made a Director in the firm on 1st November 2017
- Member of the Law Society Probate Section
- Full Accredited Member of the National Association 'Solicitors for the Elderly' (SFE). Find out more here.
- Full Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
She is a specialist in most aspects of private client work including:-
- Discretionary and Lifetime planning through the use of Trusts and Wills
- Estate and Trust administration
- Lasting Powers of Attorney and registration of Powers of Attorney at the Court of Protection
- Court of Protection Deputyships
Belinda went to school in York and returned to the city after studying for her degree in Wakefield. She has previously worked for a brick manufacturing company and a contract publisher doing both advertising and marketing work.
Following a career change, she studied at The College of Law in York for a Postgraduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course. Belinda qualified as a solicitor in May 2005.
She specialises in private client matters relating to the making of Wills and associated tax planning, continuing trusts, administration of deceased’s estates, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection work.
Belinda is a Full Accredited Member of SFE. SFE is an association of lawyers who specialise in legal services for older people and their carers. Members of SFE have a wealth of experience within this key legal area and they are required to have spent a substantial amount of time working for elderly clients.
Belinda is a full member STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners). STEP is an organisation whose members are professionals who specialise in the administration of estates, trusts and related taxes. She is also a member of Dying Matters, an online resource giving advice and support to people by raising awareness of dying, death and bereavement and is on Alzheimer’s Research UK’s list of solicitors who have experience of clients affected by dementia.
Belinda regularly gives talks and updates to local groups and membership bodies about Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, inheritance tax and estate planning. Feedback on the advice she gives in these talks includes:
- It was very informative and explained complex issues in very easy to understand language.
- Informal and expert presentation
- Very informative. Particularly about inheritance tax
- It was very pertinent of what is happening in my personal life and was well timed. The speakers really knew their subject and I had confidence in what they were saying
- The talk was at a level which was really easy to understand.
- Thorough grounding in the 'content' of Wills
- Excellent clarity and relevance.
Belinda is supervised by Sharon Richardson - Director and Head of Private Client Team.
You can connect with Belinda Poulter on LinkedIn here.