Despite the challenging times we find ourselves in, we are proud to say that our excellent client care is still being delivered. We are pleased to announce that Lexcel, the Law Society’s Quality Mark, have just confirmed our re-accreditation for 2020....
We have signed the Armed Forces Covenant which demonstrates our support for the Armed Forces Community. By sending in our pledge to the Armed Forces Covenant we are fully registered and recognised as a business that promises to demonstrate our commitment to the Armed Forces Community and their families, not just on Armed Forces Day but all year round. As part of our commitment, we offer a discount on our legal services to Armed Forces personnel. We work with the City of York Council to support our Armed Forces community and are part of the Armed Forces Covenant Working Group for Business and Employment in the York area.
What is the Armed Forces Covenant?
‘The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise by the nation ensuring that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
To those who proudly protect our nation, who do so with honour, courage, and commitment, the Armed Forces Covenant is the nation’s commitment to you.
It is a pledge that together we acknowledge and understand that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, should be treated with fairness and respect in the communities, economy and society they serve with their lives.’
Principles of the Armed Forces Covenant
We endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- No member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- In some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
Demonstrating out Commitment
Crombie Wilkinson Solicitors recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We seek to uphold principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- Promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
- Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers;
- Striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
- Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodation their training and deployment where possible;
- Offering support to local cadet units, either in our local community or in local school, where possible;
- Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day;
- Offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces Community (12.5% Law Club Discount);
- Support our local barracks in Fulford and Strensall, York
We publicise these commitments through out literature and/or on our website, setting out how we will seek to honour them and inviting feedback from the Service community and our customers on how we are doing.
Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS)
We are very pleased that our firm has received the Bronze Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme for our intent to support defence personnel. We are working towards our Silver Award.
A new video (Oct 2019), funded by Forces Connect South East and produced by Hampshire County Council, is available to watch, offering more detail on the steps you need to take to secure a school place for your child, with key dates for applications.