Tom is the IT Manager for the Firm and joined the Firm in 2001.
As IT Manager, Tom is responsible for the strategy and day-to-day management of the IT Department, IT infrastructure and telephone systems at Crombie Wilkinson Solicitors LLP.
Some of Tom’s duties include:
- IT systems project planning and implementing new projects;
- evaluating user needs and system functionality and ensuring that IT facilities meet these needs;
- planning, developing and implementing the IT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers where appropriate, to ensure cost effectiveness;
- scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- researching and installing new systems;
- ensuring the smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to;
- providing secure access to the network for remote users;
- ensuring the security of data from internal and external attack;
- providing users with appropriate support and advice;
- managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
Tom is based at our York office.
You can connect with Tom on LinkedIn here.
For more information please call one of our offices or get in touch by filling in our simple form and one of our experts will get back to you as soon as possible