Tom is the IT Manager for the Firm and joined the Firm in 2001.
As IT Manager, Tom is responsible for the strategy and day-to-day management of the IT Department, IT infrastructure and telephone systems at Crombie Wilkinson Solicitors LLP.
Some of Tom’s duties include:
- IT systems project planning and implementing new projects;
- evaluating user needs and system functionality and ensuring that IT facilities meet these needs;
- planning, developing and implementing the IT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers where appropriate, to ensure cost effectiveness;
- scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- researching and installing new systems;
- ensuring the smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to;
- providing secure access to the network for remote users;
- ensuring the security of data from internal and external attack;
- providing users with appropriate support and advice;
- managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
Tom is based at our York office.
You can connect with Tom on LinkedIn here.