Role overview - full time. York/Selby/Malton/Pickering and remote working.
An exciting opportunity for a Corporate/Commercial solicitor to join one of the leading law firms in North Yorkshire and help expand a growing Company/Commercial team. The role would involve advising on such issues as acquisitions and disposals, mergers and joint ventures, business start-ups and corporate compliance, reviewing commercial contracts, and shareholder and partnership agreements.
Acting for both local and national SME clients across a wide range of sectors, the role will require regular client contact to maintain and develop strong client relationships with clients and businesses, and commercial understanding of the issues involved. An essential requirement of the role will be to liaise, market to and work with other corporate professionals such as accountants, lenders, business agents and those providing corporate finance.
The role would be ideal for someone at the start of their career to develop their technical, legal and commercial skills whilst building long lasting client relationships through working on and assisting with a wide range of client instructions and transactions
- To embody and promote the firm’s values, as set out below.
- To assist the Directors in implementing the firm’s vision and strategy for the firm as a whole.
- Ensuring that the management of files and working practices within Commercial Property are in accordance with the firm’s published Policies, Plans and Procedures and in line with individual Departmental Guidelines.
- To provide a caring, quality service to the firm’s clients in accordance with the firm’s service pledge.
- To conduct own cases and assist other legal advisers in providing advice and representation to the firm’s clients.
- Ensure services are provided in a timely fashion and the client is informed regularly on progress and costs.
- Carry out duties in a professional manner, comply with relevant professional standards and any requirement set by relevant regulators including the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
- Develop and maintain the competencies necessary to provide a proper standard of service to clients and maintain a record of professional development.
- To promote firm as a whole.
- To act with good judgement, integrity and honesty at all times in the client’s best interests.
- To seek awareness of applicable law, solutions and remedies funding and compliances.
- Comply with internal procedures and systems of the firm including file and case management, file audits, client due diligence and time recording.
- Accurately record all chargeable time on a matter
- Maximise realisation of time when billing clients
- Achieve targets for time recording, billing, work in progress and debtor days.
- Take overall responsibility for credit control on own matters.
- To maximise profitability for the firm.
- To minimise waste and unnecessary expense to the firm.
- To work efficiently and effectively with the firm’s Legal Advisers and staff by embodying the firm’s citizenship value.
- Build strong working relationships with external stakeholders.
- To assist in managing staff and performance.
- To engage with the local community, referrers and contacts and promote the firm at every available opportunity.
- To participate in departmental meetings.
- Share information and best practice with colleagues.
- Adhere to and promote the firm’s equality and diversity policy.
Crombie Wilkinson is one of North Yorkshire's largest and most long-established firms. First established in the 1800s and in its current form in 1991, the firm now has offices in York, Selby, Malton and Pickering we are uniquely placed to serve the region with a comprehensive and high-quality legal service and we place much importance on our local knowledge, as well as our speedy and personal service and our down to earth approach.
We are an ambitious firm, with a set of values which are very important to us. These are Client Centred, Continuous Improvement, Citizenship and Community Focus.
We have high standards of client care, and we offer a service pledge to all our clients.
We are also passionate about developing our people and have a transparent career progression structure which is open to everyone in the firm. Anyone who is ambitious, successful and keen to progress can apply for a promotion which is measured against a set of published criteria. These applications are invited each year. In addition, we are both Lexcel and Investors in People accredited.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package – which includes 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) per year, career progression opportunities, health cash plan, death in service scheme, birthday off work and generous staff discounts.
We provide a fully supportive background to your Continuous Professional Development within a friendly team environment.