Our Service Pledge has 8 commitments, and we work together as a team to deliver an excellent client experience for our clients.
Matthew recently received feedback from a client who he prepared a Will for. We have mapped the client feedback to the individual #ServicePledge commitments below so you can see how excellent Matthew’s #ClientCentred service was:
- listen and care about you and your circumstances
“My instructions and requirements carried out accurately first time.”
- treat you politely, considerately and with respect
“Professional, efficient, polite, very helpful and decent fees!”
- work with you as a team so you come to know and trust us
“Initial contact by telephone, put through to someone straight away, all very efficient. Phone answered promptly, never kept waiting, staff friendly.”
- update you regularly using plain language
“Very clear and plain English on what needed to be done.”
- work hard to avoid delays
“Kept me up to date very well with progress, in particular, went out of their way to tell me office had re-opened to get papers signed, I didn’t have to chase.”
- contact you should unforeseen events happen
- ensure there are no surprises on costs
- take on board your feedback so we can continuously improve our service
Matthew has spent the last 30 years in legal practice, having joined our firm in 2019. Matthew deals with all aspects of private client work, including Wills, administration of estates, Powers of Attorney, and court of protection matters.
Matthew is Cruse accredited in loss and bereavement awareness and is a member of Dying Matters, an online resource, giving advice and support to people by raising awareness of dying, death and bereavement.
You can contact Matthew on 01904 624185 to discuss making or updating your Will.