Mortgage or Remortgage of a residential property
We are very proud to be able to say that our residential property team have WON the award for Residential Property of the Year at the Yorkshire Legal Awards 2022, acknowledging us being a market leader and providing a high quality conveyancing service for clients.
We have an expert team ready to help you deal with all legal processes involved with mortgaging or remortgaging your property. Contact us today for more information
Our mortgage and remortgage conveyancing fees
Our conveyancing fees* for mortgage and remortgage solicitor services cover all of the work required to complete a standard mortgage or remortgage of your property including dealing with registration at the Land Registry.
Our legal fees
- Legal fee range is typically : £750 - £995 (plus VAT at 20% (£150-£199))
- Electronic money transfer fee** £30 (plus VAT at 20% (£6))
- Single purchaser:
- Digital conveyancing fee*** £16 (plus VAT at 20% (£3.20))
- Digital completion fee*** £10 (plus VAT at 20% (£2)) or
- Joint purchaser:
- Digital conveyancing fee*** £32 (plus VAT at 20% (£6.40))
- Digital completion fee*** £10 (plus VAT at 20% (£2))
- Subtotal : £967.20 - £1310.40 (inclusive of VAT at 20%)
For this type of work we charge an overall fixed fee. If our fixed fee work needs to be discussed with you dependent on your circumstances we will do this with you.
*These fees may vary and on occasion can be significantly more than the ranges given above. For this type of work we can charge an overall fixed fee. If our fixed fee work needs to be discussed with you dependent on your circumstances we will do this with you.
**In addition to our legal fees, we charge a fee for transferring money electronically.
*** In addition to our legal fees, where a client chooses to use our digital conveyancing tools package as part of their conveyancing instruction, (this will include using our App, online portal and secure digital conveyancing services) our digital conveyancing fee will be charged.
Referral fee (if any)
If our firm pays a referral fee, the maximum we pay is £125 (plus VAT at 20% (£25)). If we pay a referral fee, this will be detailed in your Client Care Letter so that you know how much and who we have paid the referral fee to on your matter. A referral fee is not payable by you.
Estimated total : £967.20 - £1310.40 (inclusive of VAT at 20%)
Payments to others in all cases
Payments to others (or "disbursements") are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- HM Land Registry fee re official copies: £6-£18 (No VAT applicable)
- HM Land Registry Registration fee - this depends on the value of the mortgage. The range is : £20-£1105 (No VAT applicable)
- Search fees: £174.50-£200 (inclusive of VAT at 20% (£34.90-£40)) (or if the mortgage lender accepts it, we can put in place no-search indemnity insurance. A quote is obtained for each individual matter but the price ranges between £10-£55 (inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax)
- Land Registry search fee - £3 per title number (plus VAT at 20% (£0.60))
- Land Charge search fee - £2 per person named on the mortgage (plus VAT at 20% (£0.40))
- Final Lenders Handbook search is £4.80 inclusive of VAT at 20%
- Stamp Duty Land Tax. Whilst not something which automatically comes to mind when remortgaging a property, this may need to be considered if there is a change of ownership of the property at the same time as the new mortgage completes. You can use the governments online calculator however this is more suited to straightforward purchase transactions, and we would ask you to please contact us if you are transferring ownership of the property, so that we can tailor the SDLT calculation to your personal circumstances
In relation to leasehold –
- Notice of Charge fee for leasehold properties. Often the fee is between £50-£250 (plus VAT at 20% (£10-£50)) *
- Certificate of Compliance fee – to be confirmed upon receipt of the lease, as can range between £100-£500 (plus VAT at 20% (£20-£100)) *
*These fees vary from property to property as they are set by individual landlords and management companies. This means that on occasion they can be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we have sight of your specific documents.
Estimated grand total : £1174.90 - £2,643.00 (inclusive of VAT at 20%)*
*We have listed the minimum payable for fees and disbursements to the maximum but only for freehold properties as we are unable to gauge what the leasehold disbursements will be until we act on an individual case.
For more information, contact our mortgage and remortgage conveyancing experts.
How long will my mortgage or remortgage take?
How long it will take will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 3 and 5 weeks from our receipt of your new mortgage offer with many of the below stages of the process taking 1-3 days typically.
It would not normally be necessary to undertake other work or incur other costs other than those described above. However, we would be very happy to provide you with a more tailored quote for all stages of your particular case once we know about your specific circumstances.
Stages of the process
These are the key stages of the process:
You can get an instant conveyancing fee estimate online using our Online Conveyancing Tool.
You can see the legal advisers who work in our Residential Conveyancing Team.
We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided, please inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.