Speak to a specialist NHS pension and divorce solicitor at our law firm in North Yorkshire. 

Get in touch

NHS pension and divorce solicitors

Working in the NHS can put pressure on even the most stable relationships. Sadly, this can often end in divorce. At Crombie Wilkinson, we can help you to understand the options for your NHS pension during divorce, whether you want to protect it or look to share the pension as part of the settlement.

Chris Myles, Head of our Family Law team, has considerable experience on working on separation and NHS divorce cases. Chris is supported by a team of family legal advisors and divorce solicitors, whose experience includes NHS pension schemes and divorce.

Call Our NHS Divorce Solicitors

Splitting NHS pensions on divorce

Divorces are complex procedures, especially when it comes to finances and pension schemes. As an NHS pension as very valuable, it’s key that they are split in a way that is fair for both parties during a divorce.

An NHS Pension Sharing Order is a scheme to share NHS pensions during a divorce, in which a set benefit is agreed for the former spouse. The former spouse holds the pension benefits independently of the pension holder.

Earmarking Orders allow the pension holder to retain the pension but pay out to the former spouse -either as a lump sum or regular payments.

There are restrictions and complexities for any NHS pension sharing on divorce, so it’s best to seek legal advice.

Crombie Wilkinson Specialise in Divorces for The NHS Services

  • Discounted rates on your legal fees with Crombie Wilkinson

We are able to offer discounted rates for NHS staff.*

  • Flexible appointment times

We are able to offer you out of hours appointment times by request if necessary.

The Crombie Wilkinson Solicitors Family Team

Our team of specialists have a wealth of experience and expertise in dealing with your problems and are able to provide you with expert NHS pensions advice during your divorce. The appropriate adviser will be allocated to you to ensure the best family law advice is obtained.

Our experience is recognised by membership of several organisations including the Law Society Children Panel, Law Society Family Panels and Resolution.  

To speak to one of our family lawyers you can make a general enquiry using the 'How can we help you?' form on the right hand side, or contact the team at the office closest to you.

*subject to terms and conditions, please ask a member of our family law team.