- We have in place secure, remote working facilities and an electronic case management system and your confidential information will be kept secure and up to date.
- Our Legal Advisers will continue to work on your matter so that we maintain our service during these challenging times.
Covid-19 Client Pre-Appointment Guidance
Our priority during this pandemic is to protect you and our staff, so you will see some changes when you attend our offices which allow us to adhere to social distancing regulations.
We kindly ask you to follow these guidelines prior to and during your appointment with us at Crombie Wilkinson Solicitors.
Prior to your appointment
- Our staff will confirm with you whether you have had any of the following symptoms within the last 7 days:
- Persistent cough
- High temperature
- Loss of taste/smell
- If you have had any of the above symptoms, please do not attend our office. We will either make arrangements to hold your appointment over the phone/via video call if possible or we will rearrange an appointment for a later date.
- Please ensure you attend the meeting following current Government guidelines regarding who should be accompanying you.
- Our staff will ask you and anyone attending your appointment for consent to disclose your name and contact details to Public Health England and/or test and trace in the event that a request from those organisations is made for the purpose of limiting the spread of Covid-19.
Arrival at our office
- Please ensure you wear a suitable face mask or covering when attending our offices for a meeting. Our Legal Advisers will also be wearing a face mask during all meetings.
- We are taking steps to stagger meetings to avoid congestion in the public areas of the offices. Please do try to arrive at your appointment on time in order to limit waiting times and the number of clients waiting at the same time in the reception area.
- Please sanitise your hands using the gel provided in the Reception area as soon as you are able to.
- Please ensure you keep a 2-metre distance away from our staff and other clients at all times.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to make you any refreshments.
- We will have a toilet facility available to you should you need it. Please ask a member of staff for information on which toilet you should use.
During your appointment
- Please sanitise your hands before and after the meeting using the hand gel provided.
- Please do not shake hands with our staff.
- Please can you ensure that you keep a 2-metre distance away from staff members and stay well behind any screens in the meeting room.
- Please try to avoid touching door handles where possible and allow our staff to open doors for you.
You will appreciate that we are doing what we can to make your visit as pleasant as possible and with limited inconvenience, whilst adhering to the health advice from the Government. Please do bear with us on this and let us know if you have any queries or concerns.
We understand that the evolving COVID-19 situation will present challenges to our clients and we want to reassure you that we are with you and we are here to help you.
If you have any questions, please speak to your usual contact or call our office closest to you: York 01904 624185, Selby 01757 708957, Malton 01653 600070, Pickering 01751 472121.
Thank you. Stay safe.