Speak to a specialist solicitor at our law firm in North Yorkshire.
Our specialist solicitors are ready to help.
This week was the launch of the Resolution Manifesto for Family Law #familylawmanifesto, setting out what needs to change in the family justice system in order to improve the lives of separating and separated families across England and Wales.
The Resolution Manifesto for Family Law
Current laws around divorce and separation can be barriers to people finding constructive outcomes in separation.
Resolution want to see a family justice system that
- provides support through relationship breakdown
- puts children first, helping separating / separated parents to work together in the child’s best interests
- provides fair and lasting outcomes on relationship breakdown
- protects all those at risk of harm and sufferers of domestic abuse.
Their Manifesto, developed by our committees and members across the country, identifies six key areas where changes are needed to our family justice system:
1. Protect vulnerable people going through separation
2. Introduce measures to keep divorce out of court
3. Introduce a Parenting Charter to help parents understand their responsibilities when they separate
4. Allow people to divorce without blame
5. Give people more financial clarity on divorce
6. Protect couples who live together
Resolution want people to understand that family law isn’t something that just affects lawyers, or people currently separating. The issues we want to change affect hundreds of thousands of ordinary British families every year, and the impact can reverberate throughout the rest of their lives.