Planning: amendments to permitted planning development
Several changes to planning law came into force on 6 April 2014.
The changes introduce a number of new permitted development rights for change of use:
- New Class CA allows a building used as a shop to be used as a bank, a building society, a credit union or a friendly society.
- New Class IA allows buildings used as shops or for the provision of financial or professional services to change to residential use.
- Class K is expanded to allow buildings used for a variety of uses to become nurseries.
- New Class MA allows agricultural buildings to become schools or nurseries.
- New Class MB allows agricultural buildings to change to residential use.